Do You Wish for Change?
DO YOU WISH FOR CHANGE IN RELATING TO YOUR BODY? INTIMACY? SEXUALITY?
The following simple questions help you find out if you feel ready
to make changes in one or more aspects of your life.
Play with the questions for your own information,
and possible next steps.
I. On a scale of 1 to 10, how true are the following statements?
1 = not at all true, 10 = very true
1. My body is a friend whose desires I know well.
2. I have a healthy, loving sex life that satisfies me most of the time.
3. I have a busy life, but I manage to make space for intimacy with my partner.
4. I don't have a partner, but I still use the healing power of love and sex for myself.
5. I feel that sex is a familiar landscape, one in which I feel at home and without much
confusion or questioning.
II. The next thing you may do for each statement is to ask yourself: What made me choose this particular number on the scale?
Write a few words that expand your choice. For example, if you put down a 3 for statement number three (“I have a busy life, but I manage to make space for intimacy with my partner”), you might write “too tired for sex” or “when she’s ready for it, I’m not in the mood” or “sex is great when we have it, but it’s like once every 6 weeks, and I’d like it more frequently.”
III. Where are you between 1 and 10 with the questions:
1. I am positively ready to change some things that don't work for me in my relationship
with my body / intimacy sexuality
2. I am comfortable to talk about acknowledging this with my partner / a friend / a college / a professional / with anyone
IV. Expand on the number you picked, like in assessment #II